Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's been a year! Pretty Personal Post


I am back! I cannot tell you how much I really want to do this! Ugh it frustrates me so bad because I love reading these. My friend Katie (basically the only person I know that reads this) started it last year and has stuck it out. She kept hers going I live an hour away from her and followed her pregnancy step by step! So here it goes baby steps........

The last month to say the the least has been the worst of my "short ;)" life. My baby brother has had some health problems that resulted into him being put into Emory Hospital with the possibility of a liver transplant. He went in December 28th and now it's January 27th and they are trying to find him a spot at rehab facility in Augusta GOD IS GOOD. It's really made me sit back and judge my life. Am I doing everything in my world that I want. I have bad problem of feeling like I have TIME to do the things I want. I have always wanted to be mom. The only thing I KNEW I wanted. And now I have her. She is amazing, perfect, everything I dreamed it would be and more. But I put everything else to the back burner. I don't keep up with friends or family like I should. My little brother was a prime example of just "neglecting" people. This whole month all I kept thinking about was wanting to be closer or communicating with the people in my life more. I get out of touch with people I love all the time. I am going to try to work on that this year.
Last year I found a love for photographing people. That has completely exploded into something amazing! I was so honored at the number of people that asked me to photograph them last year. When people ask you to take pictures of their family to me it's a whole other gesture. They are entrusting me to capture their family. 20 years from now we won't look the same, we will not be in the same position we are in life, the same people may not be alive! EVERYTHING will be different. But when they look at my photo they will remember their child turning 3 or their wedding day or being pregnant. To me THAT'S amazing.

It's nice to have something that you do for you! So here's a plug =) Ladylindsayphotography.com



2 comments:

  1. OMGosh! I am so sorry to hear about your brother! I will be thinking and praying for him!!!!!

    And welcome back! Sometimes it takes something important to hit close to home to bring us back to reality! Find what is important and follow your dreams!

    I'm heading over to check out your photography skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is doing much better now but I really appreciate the prayers! And thanks for checking out the website!

    ReplyDelete